Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register to become a volunteer?
- I am a registered volunteer and do not know my login for the new site, how can I log on?
- I would like to volunteer for a project, where do I start?
- How do I sign up for a project?
- I forgot my username and/or password.
- I signed up for a project but never received a confirmation email.
- How do I create and manage a volunteer team?
For Nonprofit Organizations
- How does my organization become a partner with UWSN?
- What do I need to do to post volunteer opportunities on this website?
- How does my business partner with UWSN?
- How can UWSN help me coordinate a service project for my employees?
Visit the Become a Volunteer section of the website. You will need an email address to register. United Way of Southern Nevada does not provide your information to any other organizations and becoming a volunteer is free.
- Enter your email in the login window on the home page and click "Forgot Password"
- You will be directed to a window saying a temporary password has been emailed to you. IMPORTANT: Close this window completely.
- Check your inbox for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. It should arrive immediately, check your spam folders if you don't see it.
- Return to the login window on our homepage and login again with the temporary password provided. You will be prompted create a new password.
- Once you create your new password, you should be able to access your account.
If the system does not recognize your email address and you had an account on our previous site, please contact us.
I would like to volunteer for a project, where do I start?
Visit the Get Involved section of our website to learn about volunteering with us. In order to sign-up for a project, you will need to create an account. Visit Become a Volunteer to create your account.
You can find opportunities either by searching by interest area or by visiting our Opportunity Calendar.
Click “Login” from the left-hand menu bar. Once you are logged in, click on either the “Opportunity Search” tab or on the “Opportunity Calendar” tab. Click on the project name, and then click, “Sign me Up!” If "Sign me Up!" doesn't appear, you are either not signed in or if you are a minor, you have not submitted a Minor Consent Form. Click here to access the Minor Consent Form.
Your username is your email address. If you have forgotten your password, enter your email address in the login and click “Forgot password?”. If you have forgotten your username, please email us at email@example.com.
Any project you sign up for will appear in your member page. To access, log on to the site and click “My Account.” If you did successfully sign up for the project it will be listed under "Upcoming Opportunities." Check your spam folders for the confirmation and be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book. If you are still unsure, please contact us at email@example.com.
For Nonprofit Organizations
Any nonprofit organization can become a partner. First, an organization must fill out the registration form in the Become a Partner section. Second, an organization must be trained on how to post opportunities on the website. United Way of Southern Nevada also provides training opportunities for our nonprofit partners. Please check out our Get Trained section for upcoming occurrences.
In order to post your volunteer opportunities with us, you must first become a nonprofit partner. You can become a nonprofit partner by registering your organization. You can do this by visiting our Become a Partner section. Once you have registered, you will need to attend training on how to use our technology. After training, you may post opportunities on our website. Do note that all opportunities are approved by our staff before being posted on our website.
Your business can partner with UWSN in a variety of ways. Please visit our For Businesses section to find out more information.
We can provide your employees with a meaningful and rewarding service experience by determining a location, handling onsite logistics, providing equipment and supplies and reflection for your employees or convention group. For more information on how we can craft a memorable service experience for your business, please contact Robin Kelley at 702-892-2300 or RobinK@uwsn.org. Please also visit our Become a Partner section of the website.
You can also encourage your employees to volunteer through UWSN and we can track their volunteer hours for you as long as they indicate their place of employment.